Did you hear the news? The Crawley News is sadly no more....
13 Signs You’ve Lived In Crawley For Too Long
Wondering if you’ve lived in Crawley for too long? Thinking it might be time to move? Here are 13 signs suggesting you should follow your instincts:
1. Mercury FM is still your favourite radio channel
It was pretty good to be fair, but it’s no longer running and it’s time to move on…
2. Uttering “The Jubilee” has lost any shred of association with the Queen
She may have been the first to have a Jubilee but we’ve made it our own!
3. The Morrison’s Store reminds you of AMF Bowling and the rest of it
Just don’t confuse the isles for lanes and watermelons for bowling balls…
4. The Thought of Christmas conjures up memories of the queue at Card Factory
The worst part is, you’re quite happy to waste half an hour of your life patiently looking at cards as you make your way up the queue.
5. You’re Smug at knowing how to navigate Tushmore Roundabout
Terrifying for novices – A guilty pleasure for the veteran Crawley-mite.
6. You’re beginning to recognise people on the bus and then look away when they see you staring
If you think they’re following you you’ve definitely lived in Crawley for too long.
7. You Miss Tilgate Park’s Terry The Talking Raven
This is what YouTube was made for:
8. You view the Town Hall as an Innovative Piece of Architecture
When you’ve seen something so many times you’re not sure if it looks good or bad anymore…
9. You’ve been Out in Crawley So Much you now call it C-Town
B-Town we can understand but C-Town? Really?
10. The Taxi Companies Know Where you Live
It’s an odd feeling when you barely even have to give your name or address to order a taxi to town.
11. You can’t head on a night out without bumping into someone you know
It’s great until it’s someone you don’t want to see – a list of people which increases every year you spend in Crawley.
12. You’re aware of these Crawley Quirks and not so Quirks
The 20p Man, The Singing Guy In Town, The Acid Bath Murderer and Mad Mary. For more, head here…
13. You Feel too Old to go Clubbing in Crawley
You’ve lived through the “good days” of warm Vodka Redbulls but it’s never quite the same 3 or more years since…
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook below!
Ready for something else? Check out our post about the guilty pleasures everyone in Crawley is guilty of having.
Featured Image Credit: George Redgrave